All chemicals, even empty bottles, must be stored in a locked cupboard or out of reach of children and as specified by the SDS. In case of ingestion or a severe reaction to any chemical, immediately inform your supervisor and call the poison hotline on 13 11 26 or 000.
Chemical Safety Rules
Remember these rules:
- Always use labelled bottles
- Always wear gloves and PPE (Personal protective Equipment)
- Never mix chemicals
- Never inhale chemicals
- No smoking around chemicals.
- Wash hands after handling chemicals
- Only use the chemical for the job it states on the product information chart
- Use wet floor and other signs when cleaning as instructed by your centre director